Good hygiene and health practices in your workplace
With the coronavirus situation currently bringing enormous attention to infection prevention, it is timely to look at some simple tips to help improve hygiene in the workplace
So here are some big ONE TWOS for some of the most effective bacteria fighting and infection prevention practices in the workplace.
At your desk
- Don’t eat food at your desk.
- Use anti-bacterial desk wipes
Workers tend not to clean their desks before or after eating. Food falling between keys can accelerate the growth of harmful bacteria. You don’t want to hear this, but research has shown that the average desktop harbours 400 times more bacteria than the average office toilet seat.
In the canteen
- Replace dish cloths and sponges regularly, soak daily in a solution of mild bleach and water, and wash them twice weekly
- Spray kitchen surfaces with anti-bacterial sprays
The moist nature of cloths and sponges creates an ideal environment for bacteria to multiply. And as they are used by more people the chances of transferring bacteria and infection is much higher than at home.
In the bathroom
- Provide disposable paper hand towels
- Highlight hand washing reminders with clear Health & Safety Signs
Workplace mandatory hygiene signs have been proven to have shown an increase in employee hygiene standards
In reception and corridors
- Provide anti-bacterial hand-gel.
- Bring attention to company hygiene procedures with clear H&S signs.
Harmful bacteria can be transferred when touching pens, door handles and light-switches. While using hand gel should not substitute normal hand-washing, it is useful for visitors and staff passing through.
For a huge range of signs to help improve workplace hygiene visit us at:
- 1. Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Chemical & Energy Plant
- Dangerous Goods Labels
- Farm & Agriculture
- Fire & Evacuation
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
- Office & Retail
- Property & Security
- Safe Condition
- Vehicle & Parking
- Waste & Recycling
- Water & Maritime